Your child can obtain pediatric dental extractions with our pediatric dentist
Pediatric dentists work with children who may need dental extractions. This includes the extraction of primary teeth, a decayed tooth, or even a damaged tooth. In some instances, a child may also need baby teeth removal. Drs. John De Lorme and Sam Wu are pediatric dentists who can talk to parents about the possible need to extract their children’s teeth.
Below are a few everyday situations where our team at South OC Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics of Mission Viejo, California, may recommend the removal of teeth in children:
- When a tooth is severely decayed and beyond repair, an extraction may be necessary to prevent the spread of this infection to other teeth.
- If your child has overcrowded teeth, it might be beneficial for them to have one or more teeth removed. This allows space for healthy adult teeth to come in through the gum line without being crowded out by baby teeth in their smaller mouths.
- To make room for orthodontic treatment such as braces or Invisalign, our dentists may recommend removing certain teeth, which can accelerate the process and improve results.
- Impacted wisdom teeth might also cause pain and discomfort if not taken care of properly. If your child has impacted wisdom teeth, removing them may be necessary.
- In some cases, a baby tooth may need to be extracted if the adult tooth is not coming in at the right time or angle. This could impede orthodontic treatment.
- If a tooth has been significantly damaged due to trauma or an accident or injury, an extraction might be needed if the tooth cannot be saved.
Schedule an appointment at our pediatric dental practice in Mission Viejo, California! If your child needs any of these types of dental extractions, our team at South OC Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics is here to help. We understand that this can be stressful for you and your child. Fortunately, with our skilled and experienced team, we can make the procedure pain-free and easy! Call (949) 581 5800 to request an appointment at our office at 26302 La Paz Road, Suite #114. We serve patients in the areas of Laguna Niguel, San Juan Capistrano, Aliso Viejo, and the surrounding communities.